Error: Architecture Mismatch
This entry describes a solution for Architecture Mismatch errors that may occur in various tools.
Date Entered: 5/12/2020 Last Updated: 5/12/2020
The Architecture Mismatch error occurs when you try to use a 64-bit DSN with a 32-bit tool, or vice versa. To fix the error, you can try the following steps:
- Check if the tool you are using is 32-bit or 64-bit using the task manager
- Open the details tab.
- If the "Platform" column isn't visible, right click on any column header, and choose "Select Columns."
- Enable the "Platform" column, then click OK.
- Find your tool in the list, and you will be able to see whether its 32-bit or 64-bit in the "Platform" column.
- Open the appropriate DSN administrator
- If you are using a 32-bit application, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and run odbcad32.exe
- If you are running a 64-bit application, go to C:\Windows\System32 and run odbcad32.exe
- On the system DSN tab, add a brand new DSN with a unique name (to avoid a naming clash between 32-bit and 64-bit System DSNs).
- Try connecting again from using this new DSN.
We appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this entry, please contact our support team at email@example.com.