SAP: How to Install a Custom Read Table RFC Function Module
In this entry, you will find the steps how to install the Z_CUSTOM_READ_TABLE function module
Date Entered: 3/20/2020 Last Updated: 3/20/2020 Author: Tedi Kosovrasti
Follow the steps below to use the included custom read-table RFC to bypass limitations with the default RFC_READ_TABLE:
- Use the RFC_READ_TABLE function as a template for the new function: Select transaction code SE37 and the SDTX Function Group and copy RFC_READ_TABLE to a new function group or your working function group. In this example, RFC_READ_TABLE is copied to "Z_CUSTOM_READ_TABLE."
- On the Attributes tab of the SAP screen, select "Remote Enabled Module."
- On the Tables tab, set the DATA parameter to "CHAR8000" (you may need to right-click and then click "Display <-> Change").
- On the Source Code tab, paste the example source code for the replacement RFC_READ_TABLE function module located in the "db" subfolder of the installation directory. The code is located in Z_CUSTOM_READ_TABLE.txt. Click Save.
- Define the imports, tables, and exceptions as documented in the provided custom read table.
- Activate the function module and in your connection string set ReadTableFunction to Z_CUSTOM_READ_TABLE, or the name of your function module.
More information regarding this is available here:
We appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this entry, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.